Thursday 25 April 2013

My arse and The Brink

I'm cutting a 2nd demo tomorrow. This time at Beaird Music, tracking in the morning and vocals in the afternoon. Then I hop in the car and start the long drive home again. Looking forward to the other end of the road.

I wrote "The Brink" a week or so ago -- started it one night while driving back from a friend's place in Hermitage, just east of Nashville. Which gets me thinking about serendipity...

I wouldn't have written this song if I hadn't:
  1. Gotten off my arse one sluggish eve and gone to hear the rounds at Belcourt Taps
  2. Talked to a writer there about one of the songs she played
  3. Exchanged contact info
  4. Gotten an invite from her to play a round a few days later
  5. Talked to her and her husband again that 2nd night
  6. Gotten invited to a BBQ at their place that weekend
  7. Been driving back from the BBQ on highway 40, which got me thinking of the upcoming drive home to Canada and seeing my girlfriend again after 6 weeks.
To paraphrase: I wouldn't have written this song if I hadn’t gotten off my arse.

And... thanks to Ashley and Brent for the hospitality and the amazing food and home brew!

No comments:

Post a Comment