Monday 28 November 2011

Denting rules and bending ears

I haven’t arrived in Nashville yet and I’ve already broken a rule. Well, not really broken... perhaps just dented a little.

I sent a package to Keifer and Shawna Thompson. It was a little unusual and the goal was simply to catch their attention with the hope of making them curious. I realize they’re two of the busiest, most sought-after people in music right now but, y’know, there’s no harm in trying. For the sticklers out there, I should let you know that I did not send a song. I understand and respect the unsolicited material issue. I just wanted to let them know that there's a song out here that was written specifically for them about one of their interests.

Maybe the package will never find it’s way into their hands. But maybe it will. Maybe they won’t give it a glance. But maybe they will. Maybe they won’t want to hear the song. But maybe they will. You get the idea. So, if you happen to know them, please put a bug in their ear! It's a catchy, rockin' country love song.

Also, I have actually been to Nashville before. Last September, I rode my motorcycle about 800 miles from Toronto down through Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky to get to the end of a little old Tennessee highway called the 129 or, more affectionately, the Tail of The Dragon. I camped out there for a few days just riding back and forth that road and a handful of the many other winding wonders down there. Then I popped over to Nashville for a couple days, lucky enough to coincide with the Americana Music Festival and heard some great music. Then over to Memphis for visits to Sun Studio and Graceland. And then back up the 800+ miles to Toronto. What a ride! So, I’ve been to Nashville on holiday. Now, I’m looking forward to being there on business!

Tonight… what a lovely night, despite being stuck at work late, first with work and then trying to sort out some tech issues on my new website – which is live, by the way! www.singalakesong.com Please check it out and let me know what you think! Back to tonight... my friend Ashley in BC asked if I’d give her a little Skype concert. Luckily, she’s three hours earlier there, so me getting stuck late at work didn’t slow her down any. So it was a fun little ‘show’ and then we spent another hour or so just shootin’ the breeze. Good ol’ fashioned internet style!

And now I am very sleepy.

Please check out the website and say hi there with one of the email forms.

G’night.

No comments:

Post a Comment