Sunday 6 November 2011

Time Flies

I’m nursing a rye and ginger or, rather, a rye and ginger is nursing me. Listening to the five final mixes I’m uploading to Alex’s FTP for him to master this week.

I’ve barely seen the light of day all weekend. Recorded a lot of guitar, lead and harmony vocals, bass for one, and keyboards for a couple – accordion, piano and wurli (one of my favorite instruments) thanks to good ol’ MIDI samples!

Alex gave me a drum track for one of them -- a shuffle on snare with brushes. I absolutely loved most of it, but the bridge rhythm didn’t sit right. So, rather than go back to him for a re-do, I edited 20 bars in the middle! Kind of tricky, but kind of fun too! If you knew how straight 4:4 my brain is, you’d be impressed!

It’s 12:09 AM Monday morning. Just got an email from Jo saying he did a lot of work on one of our band mixes today, some of which were the same ideas that I sent him in an email this eve. Nice to know we’re headed in the same direction!

One bummer though: I had second thoughts re the lyrics for another one we’re working on. Similar to the early version of A Great Little Town, this other one doesn’t resolve and needs more work. Realistically, I don’t know if that’s possible in time for this trip. But fingers crossed… you never know.

Work in the morning… time for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment